What stand out ingredient elevates Lovely & Bubbly bath bombs?
Every Lovely & Bubbly bath bomb is made with Witch Hazel Distillate.
Witch Hazel Distillate is used as a binder ingredient. Most commonly businesses use Water to mix their ingredients. Although water traditionally helps to firm bath bombs and is very inexpensive to use; we feel that water is basic and doesn't add any benefits to the experience.
So what is Witch Hazel Distillate?
Witch Hazel Distillate is a medicinal tincture created from the leaves, flowers and bark of the hamamelis tree, also known as Witch Hazel Shrub.
Witch Hazel comes to us in liquid form and is considered what our industry calls a binder ingredient, we use it in replacement of water in the bath bomb making process. Witch Hazel mixes all the ingredients together and over time firms the product so that it becomes solid. The ingredient is also less reactive immediately which helps to have a bit more time to form products.
If you have ever gotten an at home kit before you probably have seen how quickly water reacts to the main ingredients it scared me a few times and ruined alot of kid crafts we worked on.
When we received our first professional kit when we started out Witch Hazel was included and was a game changer.
I mentioned above how Witch Hazel provides many benefits that water does not!
5 Top Benefits
1. Reduces Skin Irritation: Applying witch hazel topically to sensitive skin may be beneficial in the treatment of inflamed, irritated or broken skin.
Witch hazel has also shown to suppress erythema (a reddening of the skin caused by injury or irritation)
2. Relieves Inflammation: Witch hazel has many compounds with potent anti-inflammatory properties, including gallic acid and tannins. It also contains antioxidants that help prevent widespread inflammation and neutralize free radicals. May be useful in the treatment issues, such as acne, eczema or psoriasis.
3. Protects Against Skin Damage: Witch hazel is rich in tannins, a natural plant compound with powerful antioxidant properties that can help protect your skin against damage when applied topically.
4. Alleviates Scalp Sensitivity: Applying a bit of witch hazel to your scalp before washing your hair may help treat scalp sensitivity and provide relief from symptoms, such as itching and tenderness. Also has helped many cases of psoriasis or seborrheic dermatitis. Although we are not using it as shampoo it still applies because some of us soak our entire body head and all in the tub.
5. Wards Off Infection: Witch hazel may be beneficial in fighting certain types of viral infections. It is often applied topically as a natural remedy to help fight cold sores and relieve symptoms.
Witch Hazel is most famously used in the making of Padsicles
(After birth care during menstruation)
This ingredient although more costly then water it is a valued premium ingredient used in our products. I would venture to say is one of the reasons our customers love the Lovely & Bubbly experience.